In April I had my third ever hundred mile running month. The last time I had one was a month before my 5 minute half marathon PR. If I could string a few of these together, I might be able to have another running PR. For now I'm happy not to be injured and that I got 100 miles running in April even with traveling every week.
Unfortunately my bike and swim graphs don't look so good. I am totally at peace with it though. Work has to take precedence since triathlon racing will never pay the bills for me.
In other news, I am still getting my cooking time in on the weekend. If you follow me on twitter and/or instagram, you've already seen these, but they are worth seeing again. :-).
- peel the back side skin off the ribs (let me know if you want more info)
- get a big roasting pan and fill with 50-50 water and apple cider vinegar
- add Lea and Perrins sauce and ground pepper to taste
- bake 2.5 to 3 hours at 250 degrees
- Move to the grill to finish them up
I made this up based on my wife showing me some Facebook post. It turned out amazing.
- slice zucchini
- Lightly cover with olive oil and dipping bread seasoning
- grill at medium heat for ~5 minutes (defined as holding hand an inch above the grilling surface and being able to tolerate it)
Grill side one for five minutes, flip then add Roma tomatoes and cheese. Grill another five minutes or until the cheese looks done.
So what is medium heat on a charcoal grill? If you can hold your hand about two inches above the grant for about 2-3 seconds, no more, no less, that is perfect. Enjoy!