1. I love to grocery shop. If you follow my blog or follow me on twitter, you know I love to cook but I also love shopping for all the food. I was a produce clerk in high school and loved it. Ever since then I've always loved the smell of grocery stores, specially in the morning and I love picking out produce.
2. I love to drive and I drive fast. When traffic is light enough that it's safe to drive fast, I take advantage of the situation and get the adrenaline flowing. It's not uncommon for me to make a several hundred mile trip and never be passed. I usually don't let anyone else drive on trips because I like driving and get bored just sitting in the car.
3. I have trouble throwing things away. Serious trouble. For example, I have jars of all the old screws, bolts, nuts, eye hooks, etc from all the projects I've ever done. These items aren't sorted or anything so they aren't real useful. I usually end up going to the store and buying new ones.
|Seriously, why can't I throw this crap out?|
|The rest of my garage looks just as bad.|
4. I'm an electrical engineer and computer geek. I used to be a big gamer too, but other hobbies have replaced the gaming over the last 5+ years.
5. I don't talk about work online. That is all.......
Ha! Electrical engineers who are gamers. Hmmm, sounds like my husband. Well, he doesn't do his World of Warcraft anymore but he is still an electrical engineer.
Ha! My husband also has a jar for everything.. Every screw, nut or bolt. :)
Thanks Mike! I enjoyed learning a few new things. Random question for someone who knows his produce: do you have suggestions for ways to eat more vegetables? I feel pretty lost in the produce department. I generally eat enough fruit (though not a great variety), but my veggie recipes and general knowledge are weak.
Just cleaned out my dad's house a couple years ago of all these kinds of little jars. He had them in his workshop and in his fishing cabinets (3000 of every kind of lure you could ever want). Love that you are an engineer! Glad you ditched the gaming though. Haven't driven that fast ever - only came close once in high school.
I'll do a post on my favorite veggie recipes in the near future. I have a few really easy ones I use all the time.
Hey, if you like grocery shopping, maybe we can work something out...I HATE grocery shopping (despite my high school/college jobs as deli clerk and donut girl. I also hate meal planning...and math. :)
I'm much more similar to you in organizational skills, which is why I throw out a lot. It was actually a major triumph to find everything I needed to make my Mrs. Claus apron. Jeff, on the other hand, saves EVERYTHING but is very organized and so I can't complain (too much) about it.
We aren't going to see you on the show 'Hoarders' , are we?
I hate to grocery shop and I hate to cook. I should really learn to rectify that.... nah!
Have a very Merry Christmas, Mike! :)
Aw, you never know when some of that stuff might come in handy! ::grins::
I have a coworker that saves nuts and bolts and screws and any other odds and end that might be useful later but never are.
lol! I will make sure not to combine gifts :)
I solved my storage problem by keeping everything at Walmart. ;)
from; NFL Classifieds!
I need your veggie recipes!!!!
I love the fact you like to grocery shop. I detest it. And I detest cooking even more so- it's good to see someone out there likes it.
So you're the one who would pass me on the highway, as I nervously change lanes to get out of your way as you ride my bumper!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas Mike.
(And as for your comment on my post the other day, my training plans aren't spectacular. I'm pretty much mine own coach, stealing ideas from all the blogs and books I read and people I "interview".)
Post a Comment